Monday, February 22, 2010

Diet Update

I walked and jogged five miles since I determined to get thin. I twisted through an entire episode of Gilmore Girls. I was only slightly sabotaged this weekend by my family - chocolate cookies, apple dumplings, and Girl Scout Thin Mints. But I have managed to lose 1/2 of a pound. Why do I not feel successful? I want skinny NOW! (Sorry for shouting.)
Today I have not yet exercised though I have carefully monitored my caloric intake. I will do my treadmill trekking in a little while. I will not be distracted by my sweet children's affection for my fat or my husband's alleged fondness of curves.( I am determined to weigh less than my husband.) I have a pair of skinny jeans and a lovely pink dress that I try on when the call of food seems overwhelming. Hopefully between the allure of skinny clothes and an ample supple of 0 calorie flavored water I will triumph over the ever present call of chocolate and chips!


3 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! Conquer! Win! And while you're at it please let me watch the episode of Gilmore Girls that I missed!!! Please? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you stop teasing me with tantalizing treats - brownies with a layer of chocolate chip cookies topped with ganache - really is that fair? Anyway, after the goods are gone the Gilmore Girls shall return! And don't let me eat the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. 1/2 a pound is impressive if you ask me. I don't know how you are resisiting all those great sounding treats I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete