Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I sat down last night and composed a lyrical, insightful, and thought provoking entry and then sent it off to blog oblivion - in other words it is not wandering in cyberspace. So I will try again.
I can tell that it is autumn time because of the stack of pre-Christmas catalogs I am getting in the mail. Isn't it interesting how you can think you desperately need something that you didn't even know existed until you saw it in full color in a slick catalog. I find myself wanting toys for my children - toys that they have outgrown years ago.
I am half in love with placemats from Sweden that are so expensive that I could probably fly to Stockholm and have some custom-made for less than I would spend if I ordered them from my very lovely catalog. I've already gained two pounds of pre-holiday weight drooling over my Sees' and Swiss Colony catalogs. We won't even talk about the Meduri catalog - and as a rule I don't even like dried fruit! The clothes catalogs haven't even arrived yet. Life was easier when the only catalog that tempted me was the old Sears Christmas Wishbook.

I will try to think about other things like Stephen's mission call that should arrive in less than 10 days and the fact that David will be home in less than five weeks! Then Christmas will creep up on me and it will be too late to order from catalogs and I will have to do all my shopping at Wally's World.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, my favorite thing about your blog is that you always manage to say precisely what I feel but can't find words for. :)

    ReplyDelete